- n the cortical part of the neencephalon
- Millions of years ago, the neocortex was added on, enabling humans to plan, learn and remember.
- Females have more heft in the neocortex, a higher-order region that wires them for complex tasks like nurturing and reading social cues.
- When Damasio worked with patients in whom the connection between emotional brain and neocortex had been severed because of damage to the brain, he discovered how central that .
- Jeff Hawkins in Purdue Exponent
All the vision, smell and hearing is stored in the neocortex; when you're born, everything you learn comes through changing sensory patterns,Hawkins said.
- Donna Dubinsky in WA today
The next generation of computing is 'intelligent computing' based on the same principles as the human neocortex,says Dubinsky, who was co-founder and CEO of Palm Computing, which created the Palm Pilot, and of Handspring (now Palm Inc),...
- Tamara Davis in CBC.ca
Through a process of co-evolution of brains and music, through the structures throughout our cortex and neocortex, from our brain stem to the prefrontal cortex, from the limbic system to the cerebellum, music uniquely insinuates itself into our... Daniel Levitin http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daniel_Levitin&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNE8tMd7LTGGunuKOlTNWWpKHb4weg U.S. News & World Report http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.usnews.com/articles/science/technology/2009/01/14/the-soundtrack-of-civilization-a-neuroscientist-looks-at-the-impact-of-music-on-human-nature.html&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNHldcvMqCA5CsILsjQ9ATCsiNke3w Jan 14, 2009
67132 89304 neoexpressionism At the time he was painting, minimalism was really big so that was those big blank canvases. I think art had become so intellectual," Davis said. "He started painting - they called it 'neoexpressionism' - there was so much colour, he used...