needlework : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a creation created or assembled by needle and thread
- n work (such as sewing or embroidery) that is done with a needle
- She was an indifferent student: she froze at exams, was terrible at French, even did badly at needlework.
- He showed proficiency in cooking and artistic needlework.
- Each of those features needlework and decorative techniques--quilting, braiding, embroidery--appropriate to the woman whose plate it sits beneath.
News & Articles
- Review: A stitch in time
Did your mother or grandma or great-granny do needlework? Do you have memories of a crocheted table cloth that came out for Sunday dinner? A needlepoint sampler on the wall? A hand-tatted lace scarf?
June 11, 2013 - Statesboro Herald
- Waldwick library starts needlework group
The Waldwick Library, 19 East Prospect St., is starting a Wicked Stitches Needlework Group that will meet at 1 p.m. Tuesdays beginning June 18 in the new meeting room. Knitters, crocheters and needlepointers practice their craft and socialize with other needlework enthusiasts. The new meeting room provides ample space to work and spread out materials. Needleworkers of all levels of mastery are ...
June 6, 2013 - The Record
- Julia Roberts in FOXNews
Roberts, 40, says that life would involve having "my own creative outlet, even if it's silly needlework and stuff like that."
- Libertina Amathila in Inter Press Service (subscription)
We need to go into full force as government. They should be given land -- a place they can call their own so that they can feed themselves, run agricultural projects, water the gardens:and women can do needlework projects,Amathila said.
- Debbie Macomber in Bangor Daily News
I hope all of the friends I've made over the years through my books and my love of knitting will join with me to help,Macomber said in a press release. "Combining our passion for needlework with the joy of giving just seems like a...