- n the leaf of a conifer
- n a slender pointer for indicating the reading on the scale of a measuring instrument
- n a sharp pointed implement (usually steel)
- n a stylus that formerly made sound by following a groove in a phonograph record
- v goad or provoke,as by constant criticism
- v prick with a needle
- s unnecessary and unwarranted
a strikers' tent camp...was burned with needless loss of life
- For most of us, those needless deaths prick our consciences and motivate us to open our wallets, but they don't threaten our own health.
- As a result, say officials, Jennifer was subjected to dozens of needless operations and invasive procedures.
- Cutting back on needless spending isn't a bad idea for anyone, but "renegotiating your credit-card balances or getting a lower cost on your IRA probably saves you a lot more money .
News & Articles
- Asheboro hands Martinsville fifth straight loss with 8-2 win
Two runs, 13 hits, four errors and 14 left on base. That was the Martinsville Mustangs’ equation Tuesday night against Asheboro. Needless to say it wasn’t a winning one.
June 12, 2013 - Martinsville Bulletin
- Cheating on Android -- Windows 8 in my bed
I am a longtime Android user and fan. However, my Nexus 7 has been running very slow. Needless to say, I am in the market for something to replace it. I was planning on looking for another Android tablet. Heck, like my colleague Joe Wilcox, I even collect Android collectibles. However, I am currently having a sordid love affair with Microsoft Windows 8. Everyone who hears about my love for ...
June 11, 2013 - BetaNews
- Dogwood's Campbell returns to Aiken after Belmont win
Needless to say, the last 24 hours have been a whirlwind for anyone involved with Dogwood Stable, especially so for owner Cot Campbell and his wife, Ann.
June 9, 2013 - News 12 Augusta
- Roger Goodell in National Football Post
Needless to say, your margin for error is extremely limited,Goodell wrote in a letter when Vick was allowed back into the league.
- Marquis Cooper in FOXNews
I swore I would never do so again,Cooper said in a statement. "I didn't like the fact that I couldn't see land. Needless to say I am very concerned. I am praying and hoping for the best."
- John McCain in FOXNews
But raise taxes as Senator Obama wants to do or some kind of massive bailout that is a needless expenditure of taxpayer dollars is obviously something that I don't support,McCain told reporters Wednesday.