needlelike : Definition, Usages, News and More
- s ending in a sharp point
- To the west, rising from the jungle, is a hill surmounted by a white, bell-shaped stupa (shrine) whose glistening, golden spire points needlelike at a soft blue sky.
- Last week the program got under way as five slender, needlelike Army Pershing missiles lifted from a barren mesa outside the town of Blanding, Utah, climbed above the earth's .
- A new laser ablation spectrometer under development could solve that problem by etching off only a tiny slice of a sample with a needlelike light beam and cooking it in a plasma .
News & Articles
- The Dark Wall: Legendary tornado chaser Tim Samaras' last ride
Before it came for him, Dan Robinson watched the thing grow. It began as a bolus that descended out of the storm, projecting needlelike vortices that lanced the wheat fields. Columnar towers 100 yards wide gathered and darkened against the pale light, unspooling into wispy coronas that moved acro...
Sept. 3, 2013 - Riverfront Times