necropsy : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n an examination and dissection of a dead body to determine cause of death or the changes produced by disease
- Wolves wait to undergo a necropsy at the US Fish and Wildlife Service forensics laboratory.
- After receiving necropsy results, the district attorney decided not to file charges when authorities couldn't prove whom the ferrets belonged to--Tyson or the assistant.
- On the coast, a shark washed ashore recently, but a necropsy didn't find any human bones inside.
News & Articles
- Biologists perform necropsy on stranded, dead mother, baby whales
Posted by Miranda Grossman / CBS12 News FORT PIERCE, Fla. -- Biologists at Harbor Branch Oceanographic Institute in Fort Pierce are performing a necropsy on two pygmy sperm whales, to try and figure out why the mammals beached themselves in Jupiter yesterday. ...
June 11, 2013 - WPEC CBS12 West Palm Beach
- Woodbine barn under quarantine after filly's death
ETOBICOKE, Ontario – Woodbine’s Barn 1 was under a voluntary quarantine Tuesday, pending the results of a necropsy on a filly who died in her stall Monday morning.
June 11, 2013 - Daily Racing Form
- Stranded orcas hold critical clues for scientists
DAVIS — The development of a standardized killer-whale necropsy system has boosted the collection of complete data from killer-whale strandings from 2 percent to about 33 percent, according to a recent study from a team of scientists, including a University of California, Davis, wildlife veterinarian.
June 10, 2013 - UC Newsroom
- Antonio Villaraigosa in TIME
LA Mayor Anthony Villaraigosa asked the city for "an independent, timely and exhaustive necropsy of Gita to determine the cause of Gita's death."