- n a medicinal liquid preparation intended for use in an atomizer
- n cloudiness of the urine
- n an immense cloud of gas (mainly hydrogen) and dust in interstellar space
- n (pathology) a faint cloudy spot on the cornea
- Its gorgeous images of comets, galaxies and nebula many of which come from the NASA-funded Astrophysics Data System at the Harvard-Smithsonian Center for Astrophysics are .
- The repairs enable the telescope to produce stunning images like this one of the Eagle nebula, left May 7, 1992 Shuttle Endeavour, built to replace Challenger, takes its first flight.
- The Milky Way galaxy (the earth's local nebula) is not the only center of the explosion.
News & Articles
- 'Running Man' Races in Spectacular Nebula Photo
A night sky photographer captured this amazing image of NGC 1977, the Running man Nebula.
June 12, 2013 - SPACE.com
- Wired Space Photo of the Day: Cat's Paw Clutches Baby Stars
Most skygazers recognize the Orion Nebula, one of the closest stellar nurseries to Earth. Although it makes for great views in backyard telescopes, the Orion Nebula is far from the most prolific star-forming region in our galaxy.
June 11, 2013 - Wired News
- How has building the Helix Nebula improved Europe’s cloud?
Join us at Structure:Europe, where GigaOM will take the stage live, with leading minds, companies and influencers who will discuss their approaches for implementing the global cloud. Also included is a GigaOM Research report on the Helix Nebula project and the future of Europe’s cloud.
June 10, 2013 - GigaOM
- Bryan Gaensler in Spaceflight Now
A few dozen pulsar wind nebulae are known, including the spectacular Crab Nebula, but none have the Mouse's combination of relatively young age and incredibly rapid motion through interstellar space,said Bryan Gaensler of the...
- Charles Messier in Space.com
Messier described it as a "cluster of very small stars; with an inferior telescope it appears more like a nebula."