native american :
- n any member of the peoples living in North or South America before the Europeans arrived
- a of or pertaining to American Indians or their culture or languages
News & Articles
- Native Corporation 8A Contracting Declines
Alaska Native corporations say they’re feeling the impacts of Congressional scrutiny and new rules for federal contracts. Previously the corporations, Native American tribes, and Native Hawaiian organizations could enter noncompetitive federal contracts of any amount, and the corporations were getting contracts in the hundreds of millions of dollars. Listen Now
June 14, 2013 - Alaska Public Radio Network
- Beliefs vary among Native American tribes about acceptable medical studies, researcher says
SIOUX FALLS, S.D. — Native American tribes are interested in taking part in medical research studies but tribes vary greatly on what is considered culturally acceptable, a Native American public health investigator said Wednesday.
June 12, 2013 - Minneapolis-St. Paul Star Tribune
- NFL Commissioner Writes Letter To Native American Leaders, Says Redskins Name Represents "Positive Meaning"
WASHINGTON (WUSA9) -- In a letter to Native American leaders, NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell explained his take on the Washington Redskins name and why "from its origin" it has "represented a positive meaning".
June 12, 2013 - WUSA 9 Washington, D.C.