- n a member of the race of people living in America when Europeans arrived
- n a native or inhabitant of India
- n any of the languages spoken by Amerindians
- a of or relating to or characteristic of India or the East Indies or their peoples or languages or cultures
- a of or pertaining to American Indians or their culture or languages
- Dana Perino in Indian Express
President (George) Bush offers his condolences to the Indian people and the families of the innocent civilians killed and injured in the attacks in Mumbai,White House Press Secretary Dana Perino said in a statement.
- Joe Biden in New York Times
Six months earlier in New Hampshire, Mr. Biden said that "you cannot go to a 7-Eleven or a Dunkin' Donuts unless you have a slight Indian accent."
- John Howard in AFP
There is one part of the world where a sport at the present time remains transcendent over soccer and that is the Indian subcontinent,he said. "The fanaticism for cricket among the 1.5 billion people in the entire region...... is...