- n a drug that produces numbness or stupor; often taken for pleasure or to reduce pain; extensive use can lead to addiction
- a of or relating to or designating narcotics
- s inducing stupor or narcosis
- s inducing mental lethargy
a narcotic speech
- Cocaine was the narcotic of choice among some jazz-band musicians and avant-garde actors and artists, but "decent" Americans steered clear.
- Doctors used to think that only half a dozen narcotics, such as heroin and morphine, could cause a true addiction: the victim could give up the drug without suffering the agonies .
- Stories that both pleasure domes have been the scenes of parties mixing occasional kinky sex with drugs inevitably have attracted federal and state narcotic investigators; Hefner .
News & Articles
- Trigemina Attracts $4.5 Million Funding From Current Investors and Chilean Government Grant
MORAGA, Calif. -- Trigemina, Inc., a biopharmaceutical company focused on the discovery and development of non-narcotic, nasally delivered, analgesic drug products, announced the completion of a $4.5 million ...
June 17, 2013 - GlobeNewswire via Yahoo! Finance
- Testosterone therapy may help improve pain in men with low testosterone
Testosterone therapy is associated with decreased pain perception in men with low testosterone levels related to opioid (narcotic) pain relievers (analgesics), a new study finds.
June 17, 2013 - Science Daily
- Walgreens to Pay $80 Million for Lax Distribution of Narcotic Prescription Drugs
Walgreens to Pay $80 Million for Narcotic Drug Violations The nation's biggest pharmacy operator, Walgreens , is set to pay $80 million for its lax control over sales of narcotic painkillers . The company is required to pay the DEA to resolve federal charges that it failed to properly control sales of painkillers, including Oxycontin. The DEA says that the settlement is the largest ever paid by ...
June 12, 2013 - Injury Board
- Mohammad Asif in International Herald Tribune
I did not intend to bring it to the country and I don't know whether it is a narcotic drug or otherwise and I don't know whether it is prohibited in the UAE or not,Asif told the investigators.
- Dave Niehaus in USA Today
All of us in this business, guys, this is the toy department of life,Niehaus said. "It's a narcotic. Anyone who is involved in this business, whether it be my end or (the writing) end or the front office end, we're lucky. We're lucky...
- Nancy Pelosi in Mercury-Register
Pelosi said the "fierce urgency of now" has only intensified since King coined the phrase in his famed "I Have a Dream" speech of 1963, and the nation must resist "the dangerous narcotic of incrementalism...... We have to do things in a big...