- n a metric unit of length equal to one billionth of a meter
- The new 45-nanometer Core processor is so compact, you could fit 2 million of its transistors on the period at the end of this sentence.
- In addition, says Mills, because diesel exhaust particles are so small in the nanometer range they may be passing directly from the lungs into the blood and aggravating .
- Nanotechnology takes its name from a nanometer (nm), a billionth of a meter, or about one one-hundred-thousandth the diameter of a human hair.
News & Articles
- Xilinx and TSMC Team to Enable Fastest Time-to-Market and Highest Performance FPGAs on TSMC's ...
Xilinx 'FinFast' program to deliver test chips in 2013 and first product in 2014 SAN JOSE, Calif. and HSINCHU, Taiwan – Xilinx, Inc. (NASDAQ: XLNX) and TSMC (TWSE: 2330, NYSE: TSM) announced that they are teaming together to create the fastest time-to-market and highest performance FPGAs to be built on TSMC's 16-nanometer FinFET (16FinFET) process, a program Xilinx calls 'FinFast.' The ...
June 7, 2013 - ThomasNet
- Research and Markets: Global Nanobiotechnology Applications, Markets and Companies Market Report - 2013-2022
DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/kg4rfw/nanobiotechnology) has announced the addition of Jain PharmaBiotech's new report "Nanobiotechnology Applications, Markets and Companies" to their offering. Nanotechnology is the creation and utilization of materials, devices, and systems through the control of matter on the nanometer-length scale ...
June 7, 2013 - Business Wire
- Paul Otellini in CNNMoney.com
In a prepared statement, Intel Chief Executive Paul Otellini said, "The capabilities of our 32 nanometer factories are truly extraordinary, and the chips they produce will become the basic building blocks of the digital world, generating economic...
- Lev Grossman in Nuevo Mundo
Intel's 45-nanometer (parts for chips) - that's a serious deal, but it's a lot less glamorous than the iPhone even though it's important,said Lev Grossman, a Time staff writer who covers technology and helped select the magazine's annual...
- CNR Rao in KalingaTimes
I am delighted with our respective collaborations with Toshiba and IBM, which aim to achieve LSI scaling and power reduction by 45-nanometer-generation process technology, and which will enable us to further drive the advancement and cost reduction... Kazuo Hirai http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kazuo_Hirai&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNFYPxcpxmGlp0VNbDpJG8ogwxUgJQ Japan Corporate News (press release) http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.japancorp.net/Article.Asp%3FArt_ID%3D15824&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNHLHzlHUEvTIxWgsReXO6IoHDTMjw Oct 18, 2007
66458 88499 nanometre A nanometre filter will have a sieving system that is finer than the conventional water filters to provide safe drinking water. Similarly, nano materials can be used to create self-cleaning agents for textiles and prevent water seeping into the...