- n a person with the same name as another
- In a dramatic move, Netscape decided to release its source code, the inner workings of its namesake browser, to the public.
- COLLISION COURSE: Higgs hopes the LHC will end a 40-year search for his namesake particle.
- On the fourth floor alone are two of New York's best and most expensive dining rooms: chef Thomas Keller's Per Se and Masa Takayama's namesake sushi restaurant.
News & Articles
- Info Sought on Geyser Namesake from Two Harbors
A former ranger is searching for information on a Two Harbors woman who became the namesake of a geyser in Yellowstone Park.
June 17, 2013 - WDIO Duluth
- FBHS museum in old gym set for June 22 opening
FORT BRANCH—As it was in life, so it remains in memory: Fort Branch High School is the proverbial center of the its namesake town.
June 17, 2013 - Princeton Daily Clarion
- Heck's Clean-Cut Image Needs To Extend To His Namesake
Nevada Rep. Joe Heck has crafted a clean-cut political image. Now he should get to work on his teenage namesake. Congressman Heck has spent part of this week apologizing for his 16-year-old son's blatantly racist and insensitive remarks delivered via Twitter,
June 14, 2013 - Las Vegas Review-Journal
- David M. Overton in MarketWatch (press release)
We are pleased to report positive comparable restaurant sales for the first quarter at both our namesake concept, as well as Grand Lux Cafe,said David Overton, Chairman and CEO.
- Deepa Mehta in NewKerala.com
I don't know why Mira and I are constantly being put in confrontational situations! I loved her 'The Namesake' and she liked my 'Water'. Now if we're both casting Mr. Bachchan, it shouldn't become a tug 'o' war between us,Mehta said.
- Mira Nair in Monsters and Critics.com
Nair says the film is her most personal film so far: "The Namesake encompasses in a deep humane way the tale of millions of us who have left one home for another, who have known what it means to combine the old ways with the new world, who have left...