- n the practice of casually mentioning important people in order to impress your listener
the hard thing about name-dropping is to avoid being too obvious about it
- The movement also mastered the art of garnering headlines through celebrity name-dropping, declaring that it would participate in peace talks if they were mediated by President .
- Outside, the designer name-dropping continues unabated via Bertoia chairs and Durat tabletops crafted from recycled plastic.
- Sometimes he does not bother with name-dropping; he just gets a false beard or teeth from the novelty store and skips blithely into and out of trouble.
- Chuck Palahniuk in Vancouver Sun
At one point, Sam stops talking and got really self-conscious,Palahniuk says. "He said, 'Listen to me. All I can say is blah, blah, blah Brad Pitt, blah, blah, blah Brad Pitt. It sounds like I have some weird name-dropping form of...
- Charlie Manuel in ESPN
I think sometimes when you're losing a lot of frustration comes out,Manuel said. "Also a lot of finger-pointing or name-dropping."