- n an extreme state of adversity; the lowest point of anything
- n the point below the observer that is directly opposite the zenith on the imaginary sphere against which celestial bodies appear to be projected
- At the market's nadir in early April, stock investors had lost more than 50% in just 2 months.
- Gwen reached the nadir of her depression once her mother died.
- Julian reached the nadir of his career when he was caught misreporting the parliamentary proceedings for a monetary consideration.
News & Articles
- The Is the End Takes Comedy's Go-To Trope to its Ultimate Conclusion
From the peak of Anchorman to the nadir of Burt Wonderstone , the formula for studio comedies of the last 20 years has been simple: Dude acts like a dick for an hour, turns blandly sweet toward the end and then everyone on the DVD commentary can claim to have made a movie about redem...
June 12, 2013 - Dallas Observer
- Seth Rogen's This Is the End: The Apocalypse With Dick Jokes
From the peak of Anchorman to the nadir of Burt Wonderstone , the formula for studio comedies of the last 20 years has been simple: Dude acts like a dick for an hour, turns blandly sweet toward the end, and then everyone on the DVD commentary can claim to have made a movie about red...
June 11, 2013 - The Village Voice
- City Slang: Charity Ward at Jazzin on Jefferson
Detroit’s folk/soul/R&B artist Charity Ward will perform at Jazzin’ On Jefferson on the Main Stage, Saturday, June 15 at 2.15 p.m. Other artists scheduled to appear over the weekend include Chris Canas, Stacie Sandoval, Sheila Landis, Thornetta Davis, the 313 Live Experience, Nadir, and many, many more. According to a statement, the event is, “very much a weekend that takes the neighborhood’s ...
June 11, 2013 - Detroit Metro Times
- Tony Adams in CNN International
Manager Tony Adams told the club's Web site: "I am delighted to have secured Nadir as a permanent signing. Nadir is an excellent acquisition for the club and even Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger commented on his ability to spring from defence to...
- Robert Reich in WSOCtv.com
Reich, now an economics professor at the University of California at Berkeley, told New York Magazine he saw new ads the Clinton campaign aired in Pennsylvania "and I was appalled, frankly. I thought it represented the nadir of mean-spirited,...
- Wayne Rooney in ESPN
Against Algeria we can not be at our best and win the game,Rooney said. "I know [Nadir] Belhadj from Portsmouth, but I don't really know much more about them. I'm sure the manager will point out their strengths and weaknesses to us."