myxomatosis : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a viral disease (usually fatal) of rabbits
- Most Australian scientists are convinced that myxomatosis is still the best weapon against rabbits.
- People saw myxomatosis as the final solution, says Parks Victoria's Sandell, "and obviously it wasn't.
- When myxomatosis was accidentally imported into England in 1953, the homeland of Flopsy, Mopsy and Cottontail was horrified.
- Christine Milne in The Age
Rabbits are breeding faster because of long dry spells, a direct result of climate change. Myxomatosis is no longer as effective as it was and the chief predator, cats, has been eradicated,Senator Milne said. "The damage being done to...