musical : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a play or film whose action and dialogue is interspersed with singing and dancing
- a characterized by or capable of producing music
a musical evening
- a talented in or devoted to music
comes from a very musical family
- a characteristic of or resembling or accompanied by music
a musical speaking voice
a musical comedy
- a containing or constituting or characterized by pleasing melody
- Each had already made his mark--but as collaborators they created musical theater that enchanted audiences and redefined the art form.
- Broadway and Beyond: Richard Zoglin on why the embattled musical isn't as bad as everyone says.
- The Maysles Brothers' 1975 documentary, about two nutty relatives of Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis living in East Hampton squalor, wouldn't seem like much to build a musical out of.
News & Articles
- Broadway Musical Soul Doctor Adds Amber Iman, Heather Parcells, Michael Paternostro and More to Cast
Amber Iman will star as Nina Simone in the Broadway debut of Soul Doctor, the musical about the real-life unconventional Rabbi Shlomo Carlebach, which will begin previews July 17 at Circle in the Square.
June 18, 2013 - Playbill
- Musical ‘AFRICA UMOJA’ Celebrates First US Performance with Star-Studded Red Carpet Gala at Pantages Theater in ...
*(Los Angeles, CA) — The award–winning South African musical show ‘AFRICA UMOJA – The Spirit of Togetherness’ is hosting a red-carpet gala for its exclusive 2-night performance only at Pantages Theater in Hollywood, California on Saturday, June 22, 2013. Traveling on the beats of drums, from the dusty streets of Soweto to all the corners [...]
June 17, 2013 - EURweb
- ‘King Kong’ Musical, With Eye on Broadway, Opens in Australia
Reviews are mixed for the new musical 'King Kong,' which may be the next big-budget spectacle to arrive on Broadway.
June 17, 2013 - New York Times
- Jerry Mitchell in The Age
We're going to have a national spot on television, and we're going to be half represented,said Jerry Mitchell, the show's director and choreographer. "We're going to be the only musical performing without our props and costumes, which I...
- Zac Efron in Newsweek
Lately, a lot of people have been taking credit for bringing back the musical,Zac Efron said while accepting the movie's trophy. "The truth is we've known who's been responsible for bringing back the musical all along. It was you guys!"
- Damon Albarn in The Guardian
Albarn told the Sun: "We want independent record stores to continue. They're an important part of our musical culture. Music is a simple way for Blur to show our support and we hope people like it."