- n a criminal who commits homicide (who performs the unlawful premeditated killing of another human being)
- In three out of four cases, the murderer and victim know each other; in one out of four, they are related by blood or marriage.
- First, the murderer is likely to be a loner, isolated and unnoticed, with few if any friends.
- They promised to kill innocent Americans and praised the lunatic murderer Charles Manson.
- David Miliband in guardian.co.uk
Miliband told BBC Radio 4's Today programme: "Obviously the sight of a mass murderer getting a hero's welcome in Tripoli is deeply upsetting, deeply distressing, above all for the 270 families who grieve every day for the loss of their loved ones 21...
- Randall Terry in Washington Post
...Randall Terry, a veteran anti-abortion activist who founded Operation Rescue and whose protests have often targeted Tiller, called the slain doctor "a mass murderer," adding: "He was an evil man _ his hands were covered with blood."
- Heather Mills in Washington Post
In November, Mills said she had been "treated worse than a murderer or a pedophile," despite years of work for land mine victims and animal welfare charities.