- n erect bushy annual widely cultivated in warm regions of India and Indonesia and United States for forage and especially its edible seeds; chief source of bean sprouts used in Chinese cookery; sometimes placed in genus Phaseolus
- I'm sure you could survive on $10 of rice, groats, and mung beans a week, or get your kicks from $50 of pixie stix, but we're not that kind of blog.
- If you feel peckish, take the opportunity to graze at the dozens of food stalls; try mandu gook, a simple and savory dumpling soup, or bindae duk, a skillet-fried mung-bean pancake.
- Sometimes they sang to the heathen what they believed to be an old Mandarin Christmas carol, beginning: "Gau lei tzu mei li jen loo mung" until they discovered it was simply .
News & Articles
- Lunchbreak: Ying Stoller makes Thai glass noodle salad
Ying Stoller www.yingskitchen.com Appearing: Taste of Chicago – Dominick’s Cooking Stage July 14 11:30 a.m. Thai Glass Noodle Salad 2 bunches (2.6 oz) glass noodles (mung bean noodles) ½ lb shrimp, shelled & deveined ¼ lb ground chicken or pork…
July 10, 2013 - WGN TV Chicago
- Gillian McKeith in PR Newswire UK (press release)
Gillian McKeith explains: "My mung bean curry is like heaven. It's hot, but won't burn your heads off and it contains loads of spices that are beneficial for digestion. Healthy food can taste fantastic - it's all about knowing how to prepare it."
- Brad Hodge in The Age
Nick Jewell made a hundred of his own in Adelaide last week, but in inventing a new verb to summarise his batting - "Usually I just mung it about a bit" - went to great lengths to stress that the similarities between he and Hodge began and ended...
- Nick Jewell in The Age
Probably the best I've struck the ball, usually I mung it around a little bit,Jewell said. "The way it came out of the middle was pleasing, felt like I had a bit of time. For day one of the season : to start off with 160-odd, couldn't ask...