- n hybrid offspring of a male donkey and a female horse; usually sterile
- n a slipper that has no fitting around the heel
- Forlornly braying, the mule lives a life of toil, barren of love.
- In Villisca, Iowa, one Emil Hecke took friends to his barn there to display his mules.
- In a sulphurous meeting in Washington last week, 50 of the nation's biggest mule dealers cussed in concert as only men who have mingled with mules can cuss.
- Mike Babcock in USA Today
I thought it was the best sign in the game for us, the Mule was back,Babcock said, referring to Franzen's nickname. "He was dominant for us. He's just a good, good player. We're excited to see that."
- Mitch McConnell in AFP
There's no education in the second kick of a mule. Now, why in the world there would be any conclusion reached after looking at the results of the first stimulus that the way to deal with that is to pass yet another one is mind-boggling,...
- Richard Stallman in New York Times
A line must be drawn between our polite and respectful engagement with consumers and how we must aggressively respond to extremists who want to drag agriculture back to the day of 40 acres and a mule,Stallman said. "The time has come to...