- n a substance used to treat leather or other materials before dyeing; aids in dyeing process
- s harshly ironic or sinister
fun ranging from slapstick clowning ... to savage mordant wit
- s of a substance, especially a strong acid; capable of destroying or eating away by chemical action
- Later came Put Out More Flags, a hilariously mordant comedy about Britain's Wrorld War II bureaucrats and racketeers.
- But my toaster doesn't offer the tantalizing music of Pynchon's voice, with its shifts from comic shtick to heartbroken threnody, its mordant Faulkneresque interludes, its gusts of .
- The dramatic episode was a bitter elaboration on his mordant dictum: "Violence is as American as cherry pie.
News & Articles
- 5 Reasons Why 'Ray Donovan' Could Be A Game-Changer For CBS-Owned Showtime
Showtime's new drama series Ray Donovan, about a professional fixer in Los Angeles who comes from a complicated South Boston family of boxers and the misbegotten, starts Sunday at 10 p.m. Liev Schreiber stars as Ray and the cast includes heavyweights like Jon Voight, Elliott Gould and James Woods. The show possesses a noirish tone and a mordant wit, and episodes are directed by the likes of ...
June 28, 2013 - Forbes
- Allan Burns in Los Angeles Times
I think it was David's sort of mordant take on what is funny and what isn't,Burns said of the episode, "and that you can make death a subject and wring a lot of humor out of it. I mean, a lot. As people say, it's the funniest episode we...
- June Foray in Dallas Morning News
It's not unbelievable that people would still enjoy the show and remember it with great fondness,Foray says, this time in her own voice. "It was so beautifully written. There's a mordant wit and sophistication and tongue in cheek in every...
- Anna J Schwartz in Sydney Morning Herald
Simon Mordant is a very perceptive and generous collector who enjoys or who has a very close relationship with the artists he collects because of the depth of his engagement with the work,said Anna Schwartz, who has been selling him art for...