- n the significance of a story or event
the moral of the story is to love thy neighbor
- a concerned with principles of right and wrong or conforming to standards of behavior and character based on those principles
a moral scrutiny
a moral lesson
a moral quandary
a moral life
- s psychological rather than physical or tangible in effect
a moral victory
- Our failure as progressives to tap into the moral underpinnings of the nation is not just rhetorical, though.
- That moral obligation may weigh heavily upon the voter, and upon the legislator who enacts the laws; but a judge, I think, bears no moral guilt for the laws society has failed to .
- By turning waterboarding into a make-or-break issue for the Attorney General nominee, the Democrats are using the President's favored weapon of moral clarity against him.
News & Articles
- Debenhams’ Moral Obligation To Ban Airbrushing
Debenhams, a high-street department store in the UK, claims that they have a moral obligation to ban the use of airbrushing techniques on all lingerie model shots. The department store says that they “want to help customers feel confident about their figures without bombarding them with unattainable body images,” says Daily Mail. The use of [...] Debenhams’ Moral Obligation To Ban Airbrushing is ...
June 13, 2013 - The Inquisitr
- Early Data's Moral, Tech Dilemmas
It's another case where technology develops faster than a culture's moral framework, CNBC's Steve Liesman says.
June 12, 2013 - CNBC
- Barclays’s Jenkins Says Bankers Must Regain ‘Moral Compass’
Barclays Plc (BARC) Chief Executive Officer Antony Jenkins said bankers must regain their moral footing and serve society’s long-term interests if the industry is to undo the damage caused by the financial crisis.
June 12, 2013 - Bloomberg