- n a hypothetical case that law students argue as an exercise
he organized the weekly moot
- v think about carefully; weigh
- s of no legal significance (as having been previously decided)
- s open to argument or debate
that is a moot question
- In a stunning result, the winner of the third annual PTI 100 poll and new owner of the title World's Most Influential Person is moot.
- moot doesn't give out much in the way of personal info.
- Undoubtedly, many people will question moot's worthiness of the title World's Most Influential Person.
News & Articles
- Braddock's attorney had planned to call Sharkey
Robert Braddock Jr.’s defense attorney had planned on asking Speaker of the House Brendan Sharkey to testify in the corruption case against his client, but the issue became moot when he decided not to call any witnesses to the stand.
June 12, 2013 - New Haven Register
- Janet Jackson to Her Older Brothers: Get A Frikkin’ Job, You Lazy Bums! (Report)
Whether or not Janet Jackson is technically a billionaire is moot point. Regardless of whether or not she’s swimming in an ocean of money or a really, really big sea, point is the pop icon is loaded. More »
June 11, 2013 - Gossip on This!
- Supreme Court Refuses More Time to File Rule 37 Appeal
The Arkansas Supreme Court rejected a request for additional time for an appeal brief filed by an Ark. Department of Correction inmate convicted on August 4, 2011, of aggravated robbery and theft of property by an Ashley County jury and also ruled that the appeal was moot, dismissing it.
June 10, 2013 - Ashley County Ledger
- Jason Altmire in Forbes
He apparently is telling people that he has the numbers, and that's what's going to happen, at which point it would become moot what the rest of us do,said Altmire, who added that he will wait until after the final votes and make a decision...
- Randy Carlyle in USA Today
When (Hiller) went down, Cleary pushed his pads,Carlyle said. "It's moot at this point."
- Kathryn Bigelow in Hollywood Reporter
I hope that I'm the first of many,said Kathryn Bigelow, the first female best director Oscar winner. "I'd love to just think of myself as a filmmaker, and I long for the day when that modifier can be a moot point."