million : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n the number that is represented as a one followed by 6 zeros
- n a very large indefinite number (usually hyperbole)
there were millions of flies
- s (in Roman numerals, M written with a macron over it) denoting a quantity consisting of 1,000,000 items or units
- That said, $22 million in any other cycle would be record-breaking.
- NASA: $600 million, including $400 million to put more scientists to work doing climate change research, including Earth science research recommended by the National Academies .
- Want to make an easy $1 million? How to profit from the latest online obsession about real sports.
- Barack Obama in USA Today
In 2008, American exports accounted for nearly 7 percent of our total employment, one in three manufacturing jobs, and supported 10.3 million jobs in all,Obama said.
- John McCain in Guardian Unlimited
A few days ago, Senator Clinton tried to spend $1 million on the Woodstock concert museum,McCain says in the ad, drawn from Sunday's debate on Fox News.