metric : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a function of a topological space that gives, for any two points in the space, a value equal to the distance between them
- n a decimal unit of measurement of the metric system (based on meters and kilograms and seconds)
convert all the measurements to metric units
it is easier to work in metric
- n a system of related measures that facilitates the quantification of some particular characteristic
- a based on the meter as a standard of measurement
the metric system
- s the rhythmic arrangement of syllables
- Measure for Metric Measure .
- In the drive to adopt metric, Americans are dragging their feet In a spasm of reforming zeal, the Federal Highway Administration in 1976 announced that it was thinking of.
- He's aiming for at least 5,000 metric tons a year.
News & Articles
- 1 Obscure Factor That Dictates the Future Price of Oil
Understanding this metric will help you better understand the oil markets.
June 16, 2013 - The Motley Fool
- Rock the Garden 2013, set by set
REVIEW: Metric and Silversun Pickups loomed large, Bob Mould got a hero's welcome, Low perplexed, and Dan Deacon made it work.
June 16, 2013 - Minneapolis-St. Paul Star Tribune
- Climate Change Getting Worse by the Minute
What goes up and doesn't come down? Greenhouse gas emissions, apparently . The world set another record in 2012, spewing some 31.6 billion metric tons of carbon dioxide, methane , hydrofluorocarbons and other greenhouse gases into the air. [More]
June 16, 2013 - Scientific American