merited : Definition, Usages, News and More
- v be worthy or deserving
- a properly deserved
a merited success
- MAHMOUD AHMADINEJAD, Iranian President responding in a prime time French television interview to earlier comments by French President Nicolas Sarkozy that Iranian voters merited .
- Schulz's theology has even merited a solemn book, The Gospel According to Peanuts, in which Divinity Student Robert Short has found the strip filled with profound Christian .
- Paek, who relishes online killings as a refreshing change from his decorous real-life manner, allows that physical retribution is merited if players engage in particularly craven .
News & Articles
- Hillary Clinton called McCaskill after endorsement
(CNN) – An early endorsement this week for a 2016 presidential run by former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton merited a phone call from the potential candidate, according to Sen. Claire McCaskill. Clinton made the call after the senator's Tuesday announcement that she was endorsing a political action committee pushing a presidential run. "She did […]
June 20, 2013 - CNN Political Ticker
- Why Did Lululemon’s CEO Really Leave?
Lululemon's sheer-pants scandal is ancient history in fashion years by now, and many still believe it got way more attention than it merited to begin with. (Was it truly necessary for them to fire their CPO afterwards? We still think they should've sold that batch of see-through pants at a ... More »
June 19, 2013 - New York Magazine
- Kowalik on Dean’s List
Heather Kowalik MARK WALTON | COURTESY PHOTO Heather Kowalik, a freshman at University of the Incarnate Word merited the Dean’s List for the 2012-13 fall and spring semesters. She is a psychology major.
June 19, 2013 - Pleasanton Express
- Carlos Queiroz in National Post
There was a fantastic attitude from all the Portugal players. They were great in how they tried to play their football and how they fought,he added. "It's a qualification for the next round that is fully merited and now we have to think...
- Andrew Strauss in TeleText
Strauss said: "I didn't feel he merited having a runner. My personal view is you shouldn't get a runner for cramps."
- Vice President Dick Cheney in FOXNews
I thought he merited it at the time, and we've since, I think, patched over that wound and we're civil to one another now,Cheney said in the interview.