mealy : Definition, Usages, News and More
- a containing meal or made of meal
- s composed of or covered with particles resembling meal in texture or consistency
it left a mealy residue
- The expense of spraying put many farmers deep in debt, yet they remain vulnerable to outbreaks such as a mealy bug attack last year that destroyed 70% of the crop.
- But the surface texture possibly they were baked was dry and shriveled-looking, and the interior was a tad mealy.
- A dramatic victory was won over the voracious avocado mealy bug, a native of Mexico.
News & Articles
- Stalking The Elusive, Worthy Apricot
Apricots are the finest of summer's fruits, with dense, juicy flesh and delicate, velvety skins. That's why it is so disheartening when you bite into one, only to find it is mealy and flavorless. To find the best ones, head to your local farmers market.
June 19, 2013 - NPR
- Cops: Greenport man helps himself to glass of water; gets arrested again
A Greenport man has been arrested for the second time in a week — and the fifth time since 2011 — after he was caught trespassing at a home on Second Street, Southold Town police said. A 14-year-old boy found Jason Mealy, 36, in his kitchen, filling a glass of water at 1:30 p.m. Tuesday, [...]
June 13, 2013 - The Suffolk Times
- Don Ferguson in Edmonton Sun
Politicians are so mealy-mouthed, they would never admit if we'd angered them,Ferguson said. "We can be occasionally nasty but we're not mean-minded. We've never been sued or anything; it's not our style. We wanted our stuff to sting a...
- David Moffett in Independent
Former WRU chief executive Moffett said: "After two days of calling on Roger Lewis to get round a table so we can strike a solution to this issue, to now just get a mealy-mouthed statement from the WRU press office is a disgrace, and it has taken an...
- John Edwards in New York Times
I've been fighting these people all my entire life,said Mr. Edwards, holding forth at Cronk's Restaurant in Denison. "I fought them in the courtroom, and I've beat them and beat them. We've got to stop being mealy-mouthed and careful....