- a deficient in amount or quality or extent
- From the meagre information I have the losses from looting our movable property may run to $100,000; but if the pipe line and mill plant have been destroyed the loss might run to .
- Six years ago a sadly disillusioned French girl packed her meagre belongings, said a bitter good-by to New York, took the first boat home.
- The Bureau, tottering along on meagre appropriations, had not been able to make much progress in the direction of Conservation when, in 1934, President Roosevelt finally gave ear .
News & Articles
- VCs may snub life sciences, but VentureHealth hopes crowdfunding platform will spark new interest
As life science funding slows to meagre trickle, VentureHealth is trying to speed it back up. VentureHealth has launched its online equity crowdfunding platform for life sciences companies. It provides accredited investors with opportunities to invest in innovative medical technology that ultimately save lives and improve patient care. “Ultimately we hope that this model could [...]
June 12, 2013 - MedCity News
- Emerging Market Rout Spells Opportunity
The investor love affair with emerging markets is quickly fading. For much of the past decade, emerging markets - Asia being the largest - were the place to be, offering explosive growth compared to the meagre offerings of the developed world. The trend spawned sexy acronyms such as BRICs, numerous indices to try to capture the growth and, of course, dedicated emerging market equity and bond ...
June 9, 2013 - Forbes
- Dwain Lingenfelter in StarPhoenix
It's a very meagre program and I think it takes totally for granted the farmers in the flood area,Lingenfelter said, adding the NDP will continue to push for more aid dollars.
- Ban Ki-moon in Harold Doan and Associates (press release)
The mission will not be in a position to effectively fulfil its mandate or meet the tremendous expectations of Darfur's civilians with the meagre human and material resources currently in the mission area,Mr. Ban writes. "We need to...
- Andrea in Mortgage Solutions
Andrea Rozario, director general of SHIP, said: "The reality is that declining levels of private pension provision and meagre State pension benefits will drive more people in this country to explore alternative ways to top up their income in later...