- v be or become completely proficient or skilled in
She mastered Japanese in less than two years
- v get on top of; deal with successfully
- v have dominance or the power to defeat over
Her pain completely mastered her
- v have a firm understanding or knowledge of; be on top of
- s understood perfectly
- Franklin has mastered her instrument as surely as John Coltrane mastered his sax; her vocal technique has been studied and copied by those who came after her, including Chaka Khan .
- He has mastered the art of the network Sunday show television appearance as well as the classic vice-presidential skill of savagely attacking his political opponents with both a .
- This is the story of how he mastered them.
News & Articles
- Gazette.Net: Montgomery students learn the language, along with the lessons
Yuly Cano, 20, has almost mastered English. When speaking, she sometimes forgets a word. When listening, she sometimes needs words repeated. Cano, whose native language is Spanish, said her last three years since her family moved here from Peru have been a challenge.
June 20, 2013 - Gazette.net
- Rolling Stones release back catalogue on iTunes
LONDON (Reuters) - The Rolling Stones released a career-spanning digitally re-mastered back catalogue on Apple Inc's iTunes Store on Wednesday as part of their 50th anniversary celebrations. The new iTunes release chronicles the British group's entire oeuvre, from their introductory 1963 cover of Chuck Berry's "Come On" to last year's Greatest Hits collection "GRRR!", their record label ...
June 19, 2013 - Reuters via Yahoo! News
- Sophia Snaps Sexy Selfie
NEW YORK – Sofia Vergara has mastered the art of the social media self portrait also known as the selfie . I have studied Sofia's selfie strategy over the course of the last agonizing 3 1/2 minutes, even skipping my usual mid-morning snack, and now I offer you my tips to achieve selfie greatness.
June 18, 2013 - Fox News
- Mark Calcavecchia in The Associated Press
When I made it, it was almost like I was out of gas. It was like it was out of the question to have a good weekend. So I mastered the tie for 55th or whatever it was, and that's no good. It's a great change of pace,Calcavecchia said. "I...
- Herbie Hancock in FOXNews
Oscar Peterson redefined swing for modern jazz pianists for the latter half of the 20th century up until today,Hancock said in an e-mail message. "I consider him the major influence that formed my roots in jazz piano playing. He mastered...
- David Stern in International Herald Tribune
NBA commissioner David Stern praised Nowitzki as "an iconic, elite athlete from Europe who has not only learned to play our game, he's mastered it."