malleable : Definition, Usages, News and More
- s easily influenced
- s capable of being shaped or bent or drawn out
malleable metals such as gold
- The malleable puppet that the powerful general had hoped to put on the throne later turned out to be his nemesis.
- What makes breasts beautiful is malleable which is to say, today's molded soft cup might not seem as attractive as a tissue-thin barely-there webbing in ten years.
- The science of marijuana--especially its potential medical uses--is malleable because it's so young and so contradictory.
News & Articles
- Dear Jony, The Future of Design Is More Than Making Apple iOS Flat
Not only is the Jobs vs. Ive framing overly simplified, it¿s also irrelevant to design discourse. Limiting our skeuomorphism and flat design discussion to what essentially boils down to a ¿do these pixels make me look fat¿ question is a waste of energy. Instead, design should boldly go where no user and interface has gone before. Pixels are infinitely available and infinitely malleable; our ...
June 12, 2013 - Wired News
- American Airlines CEO Tom Horton $20 Million Severance Approved. WOW! Fight To Stop This Abomination.
Sometimes there is no justice there is only the law. And the law can be a flexible instrument, malleable to the whim of the judge applying it. On June 4 U.S. Bankruptcy Judge Sean Lane approved the ?disclosure statement? which describes the AMR Corp (American Airlines) Chapter 11 bankruptcy plan
June 9, 2013 - Forbes
- Eliot Spitzer in New York Times
In an interview on WAMC, Mr. Spitzer said he would not have appointed Ms. Gillibrand "under any circumstance" because her "views on issues are either wrong or too malleable."
- Barry Scheck in Dallas Morning News
Eyewitness memory is not like replaying a videotape,Scheck said. "Human memory is malleable. Just the way physical evidence can be contaminated or collected improperly, so can eyewitness testimony be contaminated or collected in a way that...
- Mark Vaile in The Age
Neurobiological research now confirms that the brain remains malleable throughout human development. This means that significant reparative work with severely disturbed young people is possible : morality is a byproduct of compassion and care, it... Camila Batmanghelidjh http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Camila_Batmanghelidjh&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNFQnp19XTLiB0Rj_HK4bmYtl6Sv1Q The Canberra Times http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.canberratimes.com.au/news/world/world/general/beating-the-chemistry-of-terror/1483778.aspx&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNGi-tJNWNqZqjMIlSrLkYfRTfgyRg Apr 9, 2009
60784 81175 mallee China's market is potentially worth over $50 million of exports for Australia's citrus growers," Mr Vaile said. "Next year, industry expects to increase exports of oranges and other citrus fruits from the Riverina and Mallee regions."