malayan : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a member of a people inhabiting the northern Malay Peninsula and Malaysia and parts of the western Malay Archipelago
- a of or relating to or characteristic of Malaysia
- a of or relating to or characteristic of the people or language of Malaysia and the northern Malay Peninsula and parts of the western Malay Archipelago
News & Articles
- Maybank sells off another 9 percent of Indonesian unit
KUALA LUMPUR, June 20 (Reuters) - Malayan Banking Bhd (Maybank), Malaysia's biggest bank by assets, said on Thursday it has disposed 9 percent of its stake in PT Bank Internasional Indonesia Tbk (BII) ...
June 20, 2013 - Reuters via Yahoo! Finance
- Lee Kuan Yew in Bloomberg
How we do go back to that situation? It is not possible, apart from the economics,Lee said. "When I was a student you couldn't tell the difference between a Malayan and a Singaporean; now you can."
- Tengku Razaleigh Hamzah in The Malaysian Insider
Ironically we have become in practice the Malayan Union which an earlier generation resisted and defeated,Razaleigh added, noting that the federal government had usurped the state's powers and controlled with an iron-fist the state's...
- Gerald Templer in æœç‹
As General Sir Gerald Templer explained during the Malayan Emergency, "The answer lies not with putting more boots into the jungle, but in winning the hearts and minds of the Malayan people."