- s inferior in rank or status
- The Archbishop of Canterbury cradled his head in his hands; his presumptive successor, the Archbishop of York, appeared to be tearing at his head; and a lower-ranking prelate was .
- After Tenet left a closed hearing on Capitol Hill in September, the nuclear question arose, and a lower-ranking official admitted to the lawmakers that the agency had doubts about .
- Saddam's former vice president, Taha Yaseen Ramadan, got life and three lower-ranking officials were each sentenced to 15 years.
News & Articles
- Cereal fibber? Cap'n Crunch fights charge he's really a commander
As a Foodbeast blogger painfully discovered last week, the beloved cereal mascot Cap'n Crunch is not really a captain at all, he's a mere commander. The Cap'n's uniform displays only three gold stripes on the cuffs — the marks of a lower-ranking commander — while a naval Captain would ...
June 18, 2013 - The Washington Times
- Michael Hayden in The Age
Despite substantial losses since September 11, 2001, al-Qaeda had a "deep bench of lower-ranking personnel capable of stepping up to assume leadership responsibilities," General Hayden said.