- v make a deliberately low estimate
The construction company wanted the contract badly and lowballed
- Actually, $15,000 is a lowball estimate, since that would barely cover the event-space rental tab for the kind of lavish spectacles that have become prime-time fare on MTV's highly .
- When the rest of us bother to guess, we usually lowball what's in a meal by as much as 45%.
- The Spirit and Opportunity rovers bounced down on Mars in 2004 with a similar lowball goal of just 90 days of operational life.
- Rick Perry in Bizjournals.com
It is wrong for any government to make a lowball offer, then respond to an owner's righteous refusal by taking the land,Perry said. "The government owes land owners a genuine good-faith negotiation, not a land grab."
- Bruce Ralston in Vancouver Sun
The minister stuck to the lowball $175-million security number long past a time when every other knowledgeable person said it was completely unrealistic,said NDP finance critic Bruce Ralston. "In order to take the heat off, they agreed to...
- Lyle Overbay in 940 News
I haven't been able to drive the ball,said Overbay, who suffered a broken right hand June 3rd after getting hit by a pitch from Chicago White Sox pitcher John Danks. "I feel like I'm a lowball hitter and to not be able to drive that ball...