- s unwillingness to do something contrary to your custom
- s (usually followed by `to') strongly opposed
- The church, which still enjoys medieval prerogatives in Argentina, is loth to give an inch.
- The Tale of Genji, recently done into English, revealed a highly sophisticated civilization in loth Century Japan.
- They discovered its antiquities, including the majestic loth Century towers of Angkor Wat in northern Cambodia.
News & Articles
- Board eyes plan for 240 apartments
NORTH ANDOVER -- The Zoning Board of Appeals will hold a meeting on the plan to build 240 apartments on Berry Street near Route 114 tonight. North Andover Holdings LLC, headed by local resident Eric Loth, has filed for a comprehensive permit to build
July 23, 2013 - The Eagle-Tribune
- Craig Brown in The Observer Blog (blog)
You shouldn't be loathe to point out to Alan Bright that the spelling loth/loathe is optional according to the Oxford dictionary,says Craig Brown.
- Alan Curbishley in Guardian Unlimited
Clubs are loth to let people go and there's the position you find yourself in in the league,Curbishley says. "Just because you have some money to spend, prising people out of clubs is very, very difficult."
- Donald Morrison in BBC News
Ness committee member Donald Morrison said: "These were treasured volumes and many people were loth to dispose of them in the way we normally treat possessions we no longer need. After thinking about the matter for some time we came up with the idea...