- s unwillingness to do something contrary to your custom
a reluctant smile
- s disinclined to become involved
they were usually reluctant to socialize
reluctant to help
- s not eager
foreigners stubbornly reluctant to accept our ways
fresh from college and reluctant for the moment to marry him
- That of the reluctant politician who led her party to power? That of the parliamentary leader who rejected the highest office in her adoptive land, one she had earned by her hard .
News & Articles
- White House Defends Timing Of Decision To Help Syrian Rebels
The White House will begin sending direct military aid to the Syrian opposition after concluding that the Syrian government has been using chemical weapons against rebel forces. For the past two years, President Obama has taken a cautious approach to the conflict and has been reluctant to intervene.
June 16, 2013 - NPR
- New officer in charge of NSB Coast Guard
For Senior Chief Petty Officer David Carrig it was a homecoming and a reluctant goodbye for Master Chief Petty Officer Michael Jensen, outgoing officer in charge.
June 15, 2013 - Daytona Beach News-Journal
- How the L.A. Film Fest Wooed Hollywood
By Steve Pond LOS ANGELES (TheWrap.com) - Hollywood is finally embracing the Los Angeles Film Festival. Studios once reluctant to showcase top films at LAFF, which officially opens on Thursday night in downtown L.A. after a pre-festival screening of "Man of Steel" on Wednesday night, have begun to see its value as a low-pressure showcase for movies with awards aspirations. The turnaround comes ...
June 13, 2013 - Reuters via Yahoo! News
- Scott McClellan in International Herald Tribune
I was reluctant to do it,McClellan told the Democratic-led panel. "I got on the phone with Scooter Libby and asked him point-blank, 'Were you involved in this in any way?' And he assured me in unequivocal terms that he was not."
- Barack Obama in Los Angeles Times
Piling an irresponsibly large debt on top of the new GM would mean simply repeating the mistakes of the past,Obama said. "So we are acting as reluctant shareholders because that is the only way to help GM succeed."
- Cynthia Martinez in FOXNews
We've told them to cooperate, but there are a lot of people who are reluctant,said Cynthia Martinez, a spokeswoman for the Legal Aid attorneys who represent dozens of mothers.