longhand : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n rapid handwriting in which letters are set down in full and are cursively connected within words without lifting the writing implement from the paper
- s having words written out in full by hand
- A newlywed at the age of 71, some 44 years after his first marriage was annulled, an admirer of high tech who nonetheless drafts speeches in longhand, a Republican who gets along .
- At that time, I wrote my books and took my notes in longhand, believing I could not think well on a keyboard.
- This is the room where he wrote, in longhand, most of the latest contribution to Clinton lore: his 957-page memoirs, titled simply My Life.
News & Articles
- Need To Get Focused? First Go Analog
Have the feeling that you do your best thinking with a pen in your hand? There's a reason for that. And a way to get that feeling from a keyboard, too. If you take the Wall Street Journal 's word for it, handwriting trains your brain . How? Writer Patrick Rhone lists longhand's positives: "We learn more and retain more. Creative pathways are opened up as we engage more of our senses. Forming ...
June 17, 2013 - Fast Company Magazine
- A handwritten Bible from an unlikely scribe
On Thursday’s edition of Interfaith Voices , I interviewed a delightful older gentleman who had just spent more than half a decade writing out the entire Bible (King James version) in longhand.
June 17, 2013 - National Catholic Reporter
- Microsoft Antitrust Judge Thomas Penfield Jackson Dead at 76
McGruber writes "The NY Times has the news that federal judge Thomas Penfield Jackson, who ruled in 2000 that Microsoft was a predatory monopoly and must be split in half, has died. He was 76 years old. 'A technological novice who wrote his opinions in longhand and used his computer mainly to e-mail jokes, Judge Jackson refuted Microsoft's assertion that it was impossible to remove the company's ...
June 17, 2013 - Slashdot
- Emma Thompson in Telegraph.co.uk
She told Parade magazine, "I'ma Luddite, and I write longhand with an old fountain pen".
- Nick Clooney in Cincinnati.com
In a high-def world, I am analog guy. All the years I wrote for The Post, I wrote the first draft in longhand, typed the second draft and then I faxed it in,Clooney says.
- Steve King in Radio Iowa
It's actually set up on parchment paper in Old-English longhand writing script,King says. "It actually looks like the Declaration (of Independence) and it says a lot of things like the Declaration."