cursive : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n rapid handwriting in which letters are set down in full and are cursively connected within words without lifting the writing implement from the paper
- s having successive letter joined together
- I can't remember how to write a capital Z in cursive.
- Cursive started to lose its clout back in the 1920s, when educators theorized that because children learned to read by looking at books printed in manuscript rather than cursive .
- Garcia, who has been teaching for 32 years, says her children consider cursive a "rite of passage" and are just as excited to learn it as ever.
News & Articles
- Student doesn't let her rough childhood define her
LAS FLORES – Ariel Kirkendale didn't learn to write in cursive or know her multiplication tables until seventh grade.As a child, she bounced from one apartment to another with her family, she said, because her stepfather couldn't hold a job. At one...
June 12, 2013 - Canyons, Coto, Ladera & RSM News
- Has Technology Killed Cursive Handwriting?
Think back to the last time you wrote in cursive — you know, that fancy penmanship you may have learned way back in grade school, complete with elegant loops, curls and flourishes. These days, with our fingers tapping on QWERTY keyboards, Evernote taking the place of sticky notes and tablets replacing paper notebooks, a question arises: Has the rise of technology led to the fall of cursive ...
June 11, 2013 - Mashable
- Cursive writing instruction coming back
Web Search powered by YAHOO! SEARCH Cursive writing books give children in grade school the opportunity to practice cursive while at home or in the classroom.
June 8, 2013 - The Daily Reflector
- Brandon Inge in Chicago Sun-Times
This guy does tattoos for a lot of major league players and drew them up for me the last time we were in town,Inge said. "He said to sit on it and think about it, and I just loved it the more I looked at it. It's a real unique cursive...
- Liev Schreiber in New York Times
The way we met Cursive is that we were playing outside of a Cursive show at the Great American Music Hall on the street, and the cello player, I think her name was Gretta Cohn, came out and we talked for a bit and exchanged info. She emailed me and... Anton Patzner http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anton_Patzner&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNHK6ZdYhzSCCqCa3SrmO00NVqnMCQ Oakbook (blog) http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.theoakbook.com/MoreDetail.aspx%3FAid%3D2278%26CatId%3D8&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNFIL-fOZivtT1-Xkpj66nCXCWwgYA Jun 2, 2008
24313 32573 cursive Ruby, I've painted your house," Mr. Schreiber said. "What's funny about the autograph thing: I don't know how to write in cursive."