lindane : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a white crystalline powder used as an agricultural insecticide
- Following discovery of the chemicals in their herring catch, the Swedes ordered a two-year ban on DDT, as well as the related pesticides lindane, aldrin and dieldrin.
- Salter-Green's fat showed above-normal levels of DDT and PCBS, organic pollutants that began to be phased out in the 1970s because of their toxicity; lindane, a possibly .
- During World War II, German and Allied laboratories produced complex and lethal chemical compounds, including DDT and lindane.
- Klaus Topfer in Independent Online
Four chemicals have already been mentioned for further research and integration, for example lindane, a pesticide widely used around the world. These are very important chemicals,said Toepfer.