lilac : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n any of various plants of the genus Syringa having large panicles of usually fragrant flowers
- s of a pale purple color
- Montparnasse reached its height during the 1920s, when Hemingway used to sit and write stories in the Closerie des Lilas, which had been a lilac-shaded country tavern during the .
- You could walk by a lilac bush and be brought back to the laboratory.
- Il Palagio, the hotel's main restaurant, marries imposing decor (grisaille walls, lilac-and-white curtains, Murano chandeliers and neoclassical art) with upscale representations of .
News & Articles
- Village to broadcast Lilac Parade on Lombard Channel, website
LOMBARD – Lombardians will have a second opportunity to enjoy the 2013 Lilac Parade this month when it is broadcast on local cable channels and the village's website.
June 13, 2013 - Huntley Farmside
- Event advances epilepsy profile, research - Thu, 13 Jun 2013 PST
Most residents know lilac is Spokane’s color. But most probably don’t know that lilac or purple is also the color of epilepsy awareness. Chris Engle knows. Engle was diagnosed with epilepsy “out of the blue” shortly after his 20th birthday in 2007. Two tonic-clonic – also known as grand mal – seizures in two days sent him to the emergency room, where he had yet another seizure.
June 13, 2013 - The Spokesman-Review
- Newhallville Up For “Historic” Boost
Two houses stand near the corner of Winchester and Lilac. Both are part of the same housing stock: built in 1920 and architecturally similar. But only one is “historic” and therefore enjoyed a top-to-bottom renovation two years ago, while the other sits boarded up. Jim Paley wants to change that, to make more Newhallville houses “historic” so that his not-for-profit organization can continue to ...
June 13, 2013 - New Haven Independent
- Julia Gillard in Brisbane Times
Yesterday I at no point criticised the Lilac City Motor Inn,Ms Gillard said. "I expressed myself to be pleased to hear about the employment conditions from that motor inn (described by the motel's owner on talk-back radio). I did clearly...
- Steve Harmison in The Age
For a moment I had dire memories of the worst day of my entire career, when, in the first match of my last tour here at Lilac Hill, my bowling collapsed completely,Harmison wrote in his column in England's The Sunday Mail. "And while I...
- David Hussey in Sydney Morning Herald
I was so excited when I got the call inviting me to play,Hussey said. "I grew up watching the Lilac Hill Festival Match and it was always a dream of mine to play in one and I can't wait to get out there and have a hit."