lavender : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n any of various Old World aromatic shrubs or subshrubs with usually mauve or blue flowers; widely cultivated
- n a pale purple color
- s of a pale purple color
- His past prison recon failed to impress investors so much as the fact that he had a great new home in Lexington, Mass, and slept in lavender pajamas.
- Grandfather Berry had been "a grand old swell" who wore lavender trousers strapped under patent-leather boots.
- Other than that, it's all lavender innuendo.
News & Articles
- Park pavilion named for Judith Lavender
CHILDERSBURG — The Kiwanis Club honored member Judith Lavender Monday by naming the new pavilion in Childersburg Kiwanis Park after her. Former club president Bill Jones presented Lavender with a plaque and said she has always done a great job, and he appreciates her efforts through the years.
June 14, 2013 - The Daily Home
- Lavender files open-carry handgun bill
AUSTIN—State Rep. George Lavender, R-Texarkana, filed an open-carry handgun bill Tuesday. House Bill 56 is the same as House Bill 700, previously filed by the legislator.
June 13, 2013 - Texarkana Gazette
- UI Lavender Graduation honors LGBTQA students’ accomplishments
While the University of Idaho Lavender Graduation may seem as if it is designed for LGBTQ students, Lysa Salsbury said the event is intended to be all inclusive. Lavender Graduation is an annual celebration that recognizes ...
June 12, 2013 - The Argonaut
- Geri Halliwell in Sleaford Today
Talking about her own writing, Geri said: "When I first created Ugenia Lavender she was for a younger audience but then I started to get more and more confident as a writer, and now there's 18 stories. I'm so grateful Ugenia Lavender has been top 10...
- Emma Watson in Reuters UK
Co-star Emma Watson, who plays Weasley's friend Hermione Granger, added: "She seems really sweet and perfect for the role of Lavender. Continued......