likewise : Definition, Usages, News and More
- r in like or similar manner
some people have little power to do good, and have likewise little strength to resist evil"- Samuel Johnson
- r in addition
- r equally
- General Mustafa Kemal, who had repelled the British at Gallipoli in 1915 and had just recently done likewise to invading Greeks, now planned a civil takeover of his own country.
- Scientific and technical skills are, likewise, utterly necessary but insufficient.
- So Bacteriologist Henry McIlwain of Sheffield, England, reasoned that bacteria might likewise mistake a compound called pantoyltaurine for its chemical relative, pantothenic acid.
News & Articles
- 11-Year-Old Boy Impregnates Friend’s Mom
An 11-year-old Auckland boy fathered a child after having sex with a school friend's 36-year-old mother. Contact between the boy and the woman reportedly began right around April of last year, when the boy was 11. The woman's son took a day off school and encouraged his friend to do likewise, spending the day at his home. During the course of the day, the woman gave the boy beer and then later ...
June 15, 2013 - Opposing Views
- Tony Gonzalez excused from next week’s minicamp
The Falcons were willing to slow-play the recruitment of veteran tight end Tony Gonzalez, careful to give him time to make a decision to come back for another year. Likewise, they’re going to give him even more time off. According to the team’s official website, Falcons coach Mike Smith has excused Gonzalez from next week’s…
June 14, 2013 - NBC Sports: ProFootballTalk
- The K7RA Solar Update
Average daily sunspot numbers declined over 32 points this week to 39.6. Average daily solar flux was down more than 8 points to 99.2. Tuesday’s solar flux at 89.5 was the lowest since June 22-25 of last year, when values ranged from 84 to 88.6. Likewise, Tuesday’s sunspot number of 14 was also the lowest since June 25, 2012 when the sunspot number was also 14. Since then both numbers have bee...
June 14, 2013 - ARRL Amateur Radio News
- President Bush in U.S. Daily
I am concerned about the viability of the automobile companies,Bush said. "And, likewise, I am concerned about taxpayer money being provided to those companies that may not survive."
- David Petraeus in Reuters
We will all have to share the burdens and move forward together. If we can do that, and if we can help the people of Iraq do likewise, then the prospects for success are good,Petraeus said during a ceremony at one of Saddam Hussein's former...
- Dana Perino in Bloomberg
Negotiations must proceed on the view that the problem of climate change cannot be adequately addressed through commitments for emissions cuts by developed countries alone,Perino said. "Major developing economies must likewise act."