likely : Definition, Usages, News and More
- a has a good chance of being the case or of coming about
these services are likely to be available to us all before long
she is likely to forget
a likely place for a restaurant
the broken limb is likely to fall
rain is likely
a likely topic for investigation
likely candidates for the job
- a likely but not certain to be or become true or real
a likely result
- s expected to become or be; in prospect
- s within the realm of credibility
not a very likely excuse
- r with considerable certainty; without much doubt
- A new study shows that adopted kids are more likely to require mental health help as teens than non-adopted ones.
- New research says immigrants, far from being responsible for rising crime rates, are less likely to get in trouble with the law.
- Among likely voters, 51% support Bush, 46% support Kerry, and 2% support Nader.
- Patrick Swayze in Contactmusic.com
The Muslim Representative from Minnesota was elected by the voters of that district and if American citizens don't wake up and adopt (my) position on immigration there will likely be many more Muslims elected to office and demanding the use of the... Virgil Goode http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Virgil_Goode&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNGHUAqP4Vmqr0UEdJUT7aA3xpZkOg Washington Post http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/12/21/AR2006122101334.html&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNHJYMx1M2O4C8MGfoGm0-mHFZGeSw Dec 21, 2006
58307 77610 likely Swayze says, I'd say five years is pretty wishful thinking. Two years seems likely if you're going to believe statistics."
- Kiefer Sutherland in ABC News
Even though from a technical perspective, the recession is very likely over at this point, it's still going to feel like a very weak economy for some time as many people will still find that their job security and their employment status is not... Ben Bernanke http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ben_Bernanke&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNEsTNLK-7-f3R5-thHohB-P27CEdw AFP http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp/article/ALeqM5iKxVd_ufPlxASyzqhQNFur34qWVA&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNEbmUUj40bg0PSmdX6oX2P2A3qYbQ Sep 16, 2009
58309 77611 liken If I was going to liken '24' to a girlfriend, '24' has been really good to me. And I need to be really good back," Sutherland said.