likable : Definition, Usages, News and More
- a (of characters in literature or drama) evoking empathic or sympathetic feelings
- s easy to like; agreeable
an attractive and likable young man
- In one America, she's smart, committed, likable, with strong values and empathy for people like them, and in the other she's an ambitious, callous appeaser.
- The heroines are irresistibly likable: the gentle, bewildered Thelma, married to a smug, low- rent, philandering salesman who wears more gold jewelry than she does, and for whom .
- Maybe their people were doofuses, but they were also the always likable victims of their own klutziness.
News & Articles
- Lincoln was a Great Manager Because He was an Overly Likable Boss
Richard Wanderer, author of The Holiday Party (A Tale of a Corporate Takeover), commented today on The Drucker Exchange's recent blog post concerning "The Overly Likable Boss" as being a detriment to a manager. (PRWeb June 12, 2013) Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2013/6/prweb10820244.htm
June 12, 2013 - PRWeb
- Brian Dawkins: Patriots are Tim Tebow's last chance
Though the intense media attention and fervent fan base will follow Tebow now to New England, Dawkins said Patriots players will soon meet a likable new teammate.
June 11, 2013 - First Coast News
- Bears release Evan Rodriguez after second arrest
Fullback-tight end Evan Rodriguez is out with the Bears after his second arrest of the off-seasonless than two weeks ago. The 2012 fourth-round draft pick caught 4 passes for 21 yards last season but was arrested in Chicago for DUI at the end of May. Veteran fullback Tony Fiammetta was signed as a potential replacement. "Evan is a very likable guy," Bears GM Phil Emery said. "We have talked. I'm ...
June 10, 2013 - Daily Herald
- Pat Robertson in CNN International
Robertson said Thursday that Sharon was "a very likable person, and I am sad to see him in this condition."
- Larry King in Sports-Odds.com
I can't be objective because I don't know his feelings, his interest in politics, but Ryan Seacrest...... he is curious, he is interesting, he is likable,Larry King said. "If he has a great interest in politics, I would recommend him."
- Jon Favreau in Urbana Daily Citizen
Gwyneth Paltrow, Terrence Howard and Jeff Bridges co-star in the tale based on the Marvel Comics hero, a man with a subversive sense of humor who starts off as "not the most likable fellow," said director Jon Favreau.