- r without good reason
one cannot say such things lightly
- r with few burdens
- r with little weight or force
she kissed him lightly on the forehead
- r indulging with temperance
we eat lightly in the morning
- r with indifference or without dejection
he took it lightly
- r in a small quantity or extent
apply paint lightly
- r to a slight degree
her speech is only lightly accented
- Your eyes do not deceive you: that sleek slab levitating in midair is in fact a bed, and it is floating unsupported--though lightly tethered at its four corners--16 in.
- You marvel at how lightly he addresses his displeasuresPercy's book is like Sartre's Nausea without the nausea.
- Many Americans want to believe that there are people on whom race sits very lightly, people whose very hybridism suggests the possibility of transcending race.
News & Articles
- Cardinals-Mets Preview
The New York Mets' latest slump - which includes five defeats to baseball's worst team - isn't being taken lightly, especially with the best team in the majors coming to town.
June 11, 2013 - The Associated Press via Yahoo! Sports
- In Lebanon, bomb damages van en route to Syria
BEIRUT (AP) — A roadside bomb lightly damaged a van that was heading from Lebanon to Syria Monday, Lebanese security officials said, as rebels and government forces fought in Syria's northern province of Aleppo.
June 10, 2013 - Associated Press via Yahoo! News
- Iran football coach wary of Lebanon in World Cup qualifier
Iran coach Carlos Queiroz insists his team cannot take Lebanon lightly in its World Cup qualifier in Tehran on Tuesday. The Persians sit in third place in Group A in the fourth round of AFC qualifying round, one point behind South Korea and Uzbekistan. Lebanon remains at the top of the table with five points.
June 10, 2013 - Payvand Iran News
- Barack Obama in Reuters
We will never undertake this research lightly,Obama said. "We will develop strict guidelines, which we will rigorously enforce, because we cannot ever tolerate misuse or abuse."
- John Howard in Reuters UK
The government through the foreign minister has written to the organisation of Cricket Australia instructing that the tour not go ahead,Howard told local media on Sunday. "We don't do this lightly, but we are convinced that for the tour to...
- Paul Allen in The Associated Press
Parting ways with a popular general manager is not something we take lightly,billionaire owner Paul Allen, co-founder of Microsoft, said in a statement. "In the end, we decided to make a change."