- r to a considerable degree
he relied heavily on others' data
- r in a heavy-footed manner
he walked heavily up the three flights to his room
- r with great force
she hit her arm heavily against the wall
- r in a manner designed for heavy duty
a heavily constructed car
- r slowly as if burdened by much weight
- r in a labored manner
he breathed heavily
- r indulging excessively
he drank heavily
- The Baghdad government's ability to pay its way toward stability is being heavily compromised by the collapse of oil prices.
- They are competing very heavily here.
- He lost the most heavily black wards by more than 4 to 1.
News & Articles
- Gannett, Safeway, Men's Wearhouse are big movers
Stocks that moved substantially or traded heavily Thursday on the New York Stock Exchange and the Nasdaq Stock Market: NYSE The Men's Wearhouse Inc., up $2.02 at $37.61 The men's clothing retailer said ...
June 13, 2013 - Associated Press via Yahoo! News
- Royal Poinciana PUD-5 plan approved
The Town Council approved heavily debated zoning changes Wednesday that are intended to control redevelopment in the Royal Poinciana Way business district while preserving the street’s old main-street character. The council voted 3-1 to adopt ordinances that would amend the zoning code and comprehensive plan to create a planned unit development, or PUD-5, in the five-acre block bounded by Royal ...
June 13, 2013 - Palm Beach Daily News
- Why Hasn't Anyone Else in D.C. Revealed Details on the Breadth of NSA Spying?
There are over 400 people, heavily involved in politics, who used to have access to top secret government information but never went through any security clearance process. You know some of their names: Rick Santorum, Allen West, Bob Dole. Why haven't any of the politicians you haven't heard of, or wouldn't hear of if they stayed anonymous — former members of Congress who might want to score a ...
June 13, 2013 - The Atlantic Wire via Yahoo! News
- Bastian Schweinsteiger in The Associated Press
The shootout is still in our memory, but what really weighs heavily on our minds is what happened after that match,Schweinsteiger said Wednesday. "We have to remain calm and not get provoked and I hope the referee will be very alert. You...
- President Bush in BBC News
It will remain one of the most heavily-sanctioned nations in the world,Mr Bush said.
- Naoto Kan in New York Times
It is difficult to sustain a policy that relies too heavily on issuing debt,Mr. Kan told the Japanese Parliament in his first policy speech. "As we have seen with the financial confusion in the European Community stemming from Greece, our...