- r in a gradual manner
a gently sloping terrain
- r in a gentle manner
he talked gently to the injured animal
- r with little weight or force
- These hairs, called setae, cling fast as the creature pulls up, then gently detach when it's time to take the next step.
- It's the promise of American public education: no matter who you are or where you come from, you will be tugged gently along the path of learning, toward graduation and an open but .
- The once steep banks are now grassy and gently sloping, almost parklike.
News & Articles
- UISD wants to recycle already worn uniforms
For those who have gently used school uniforms they may have outgrown or no longer use, the United Independent School District asks that they consider donating them to help students in need.
June 18, 2013 - Laredo Morning Times
- Editorial: FBI boss does little to reassure journalists
FBI Director Robert Mueller's final appearance before the House Judiciary Committee before going gently into retirement wasn't exactly the send-off he might have expected a mere matter of months ago.
June 17, 2013 - Orange County Register
- State Bank taking book donation for kids
Donations of new or gently used children's books are being accepted through Aug. 16 at State Bank of the Lakes locations in Antioch, Lindenhurst, Grayslake, Lake Villa, and Spring Grove, in support of Bernie's Book Bank, which provides books to children in need in the Chicago area.
June 16, 2013 - Daily Herald
- Mike Tomlin in TSN
We came up short. We accept responsibility for that,said Steelers coach Mike Tomlin. "We will not go gently. We will unleash hell here in December because we have to. We won't go in a shell, we'll go into attack mode, because that's what...
- Julia Roberts in Washington Post
I think I came along at a kinder time in the business,Roberts said. "It wasn't about fashion, and there weren't so many media outlets, it was just kind of different. You could really cultivate your work a little more gently."
- Michael Cooper in Kansas City Star
I think Rick was trying to play peacemaker, but he's just too big,Sparks coach Michael Cooper said. "I didn't see exactly what happened, but he apparently gently tried to push Lisa away."