levitate : Definition, Usages, News and More
- v cause to rise in the air and float, as if in defiance of gravity
The magician levitated the woman
- v be suspended in the air, as if in defiance of gravity
The guru claimed that he could levitate
- The school of magic is full of secrets that students can dig out by waving their magic wands to levitate items.
- Patrick's claim to do magic fell flat - literally - when he could not levitate his supine assistant by using his magic wand.
- He can levitate and he did it during performances.