- n a female homosexual
- n a resident of Lesbos
- s of or relating to or characterized by homosexual relations between woman
- Compared with heterosexuals, more than twice as many gays, lesbians and bisexuals seek counseling for mental health problems or substance abuse, according to research from the .
- Gay and lesbian parents are as likely as heterosexual parents to provide healthy and supportive environments for their children.
- Gays and lesbians also use humor more often when arguing (and lesbians use even more humor than gays, which I hereby dub "the Ellen DeGeneres effect").
News & Articles
- Lesbian Family Building Seminar at the L.A. Gay & Lesbian Center
LOS ANGELES, June 14, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- The American Fertility Association (The AFA), in association with California Cryobank, announced today a free seminar focused on family building for the lesbian ...
June 14, 2013 - PR Newswire via Yahoo! Finance
- Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual, Transgender Survey Finds Nearly 4 in 10 Rejected by Family or Friend
Pew poll also shows overwhelming majority of America's gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender community feel more accepted than 10 years ago
June 14, 2013 - KTVA Anchorage
- Former Lesbian Professor Says Leaving LGBT Community Had 'Horrible, Mangling Impact'
A former lesbian professor once contemptuous of Christianity has stated that leaving the LGBT community had a "horrible, mangling impact."
June 13, 2013 - The Christian Post
- Joe Solmonese in The Guardian
Gay and lesbian Americans : are often barred from the bedsides of the partners with whom they may have spent decades of their lives-unable to be there for the person they love, and unable to act as a legal surrogate if their partner is... Barack Obama http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barack_Obama&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNHQ0yfPaaXFGqLKymRgcres0I2nuA Wall Street Journal http://www.google.com/url?q=http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052702304510004575186893862169492.html&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNG98PQH_nWrrP6lbONEN_lLC7St-Q Apr 15, 2010
57787 76906 lesbian The importance of this vote cannot be overstated. This is the beginning of the end of a shameful ban on open service by lesbian and gay troops that has weakened our national security," said Joe Solmonese, president of the Human Rights Campaign.