leptospirosis : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n an infectious disease cause by leptospira and transmitted to humans from domestic animals; characterized by jaundice and fever
- Rats and their parasites carry bubonic plague, murine typhus, trichinosis, leptospirosis and other diseases.
- They can also include the even more threatening bacteria that cause typhoid, cholera and leptospirosis, a sometimes serious infection carried by animal urine into streams, lakes .
News & Articles
- The Glove Club Promotes Infection Control Range for Summer Activities
We all look forward to the summertime, but experts are warning that individuals, couples and families need to protect themselves in order to stay fit and healthy throughout the season given certain activities that promote the spread of infections like leptospirosis. The Glove Club boasts a range of products that make it easier for people to do just that. (PRWeb July 31, 2013) Read the full story ...
July 31, 2013 - PRWeb
- Flulike bacteria sickens pets too
Linda Pittman’s dog Molly is being treated for leptospirosis, a bacterial disease that affects both animals and humans.
July 29, 2013 - The Toledo Blade
- Flulike bacteria sickens people and pets alike
The diseas is more prevalent this year because of the rain. Linda Pittman’s dog Molly is being treated for leptospirosis, a bacterial disease that affects both animals and humans.
July 29, 2013 - Norwalk Reflector