lemming : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n any of various short-tailed furry-footed rodents of circumpolar distribution
- In years of plenty, when Arctic vegetation is growing vigorously, the lemming population builds up until the barren lands are alive with lemmings.
- Given the lemming-like behavior of way too many journalists, it's hard to find praise for them.
- With that, the Secretary shuffled off on a two-mile lope along the Potomac, followed in lemming-like procession by 40 other fitness kooks.
News & Articles
- Even Lemmings Have It Rough on Twitter
The term "lemming" has two different meetings. One is a small, short-tailed rodent, while the other is a person who unthinkingly joins a mass movement. When it comes to social media, the latter joins just about every new network headfirst, and often can't gather any steam. SEE ALSO: More Sunday Comics In this Sunday comic, we see the two definitions of lemming converge. Poor little lemming ...
June 17, 2013 - Mashable
- The Lemmings
Terry and Valerie Lemming of 4253 N. Independence Pine Village Road celebrated their 40th wedding anniversary with a family dinner.
June 16, 2013 - Journal & Courier