- n the act of making or enacting laws
- While Hawaiians were hula whooping over statehood news, Alaska's overwhelmingly Democratic legislature was finding out that it takes a heap of lawmaking to make a territory a state.
- The response of politicians to the outcry over racial profiling amounts to a lawmaking jamboree.
- Sotomayor's sincere opposition to judicial lawmaking should reassure conservatives who fear that she might be an empathy-driven activist intent on legislating from the bench and .
News & Articles
- Political Junkie Makes Modified YOLO Her Mantra
Only living once might be motivation enough for some people. But for C-SPAN aficionado Zainab Javed, lawmaking remains the ultimate rush.
June 18, 2013 - CQ Politics
- Editorial: A failure to communicate
&via=&related=DolcePixel" The Baltimore City Council’s recent effort to hire legislative counsel independent of the city solicitor’s office speaks volumes about the vast gulf between the mayor’s office and the lawmaking body, particularly President Bernard C. “Jack” Young. &via=&related=DolcePixel"
June 13, 2013 - The Daily Record
- Charles Schumer in USA Today
We may have some disagreement on what that structure should be. But he will not try to unilaterally expropriate all of the lawmaking to the executive branch. The point is that it's done with open debate, and Congress has to pass it,Schumer...
- John Paul Stevens in USA Today
I disagree not only with the court's interpretation of the statute but also with its decision to engage in unnecessary lawmaking,wrote Justice John Paul Stevens , noting that the court rejected the views of the federal government, which...
- Marco Rubio in Sun-Sentinel.com
While we are all committed to providing property tax relief for Floridians, we recognize as strongly that the House and Senate share equally the power and responsibility of lawmaking,Rubio wrote. "This is a complex issue and it requires a...