- a conformable to or allowed by law
lawful methods of dissent
- s according to custom or rule or natural law
- s having a legally established claim
the true and lawful king
- s authorized, sanctioned by, or in accordance with law
- The party of the first part does hereby become the lawful wedded wife of the party of the second part, and the party of the second part becomes the lawful husband of the party of .
- It pledged the signers to exert "all lawful means" toward reversing the Supreme Court's desegregation decision, and it appealed to Southerners "to scrupulously refrain from .
- Though he'd acquired them illegally, Bryant used guns at Port Arthur that were lawful in Tasmania at the time.
News & Articles
- Tech companies reveal details of NSA data requests
In the light of last week’s PRISM revelations the major tech companies have all been quick to deny that they allow the NSA direct access to their servers. But they have also said that they respond to lawful requests for data and have been revealing the numbers involved. Apple says it received between 4,000 and 5,000 requests from US federal, state and local law enforcement agencies for customer ...
June 17, 2013 - BetaNews
- Liberty in shambles
By Andrew P. Napolitano When British soldiers were roaming the American countryside in the 1760s with lawful search warrants with which they had authorized themselves to enter the private ...
June 16, 2013 - The Mckeesport Daily News
- Life and law
It is a sad state of affairs we have today in this republic of ours. We started with such good, lawful intentions, and were slowly blessed to become the greatest, most powerful people the world has ever seen, but over the last 100 years, we’ve declined.
June 14, 2013 - The Pagosa Springs Sun
- President Bush in ABC Online
It would restrict the CIA's range of acceptable interrogation methods to those provided in the Army Field Manual,Mr Bush said. "The procedures in this manual were designed for use by soldiers questioning lawful combatants captured on the...
- Joe Biden in USA Today
Biden said Hayden ought "not to be the judge of whether or not his ordering or his condoning the destroying of the tapes was lawful."
- John Roberts in World Socialist Web Site
...John Roberts, writing for the six-judge majority, stated that such actions "meant to 'promot[e] peaceable, lawful conduct' ...... can further terrorism: Such support frees up other resources within the organization that may be put to...